September 4th, 2009
A new developing version of Minimalistic Explorer is in the wild. This version “Milestone 2″ can be download from sourceforge.net at the following link:
Some new features are:
1. First version of text presenter, a simple text editor embedded in Minimalistic Explorer.
2. Support of copy/move with pause.
3. More options
4. Unified UI(and better) under different version of Windows
5. Show property of a file and show MD5 hash code
6. Support for delete and move in the recycle bin
Under the hood features
1. Generate minidump when crash
2. Support of localization (all texts are placed in a resx file)
June 28th, 2009
the first preview of Minimalistic Explorer is deployed on the ohloh site.
This version is only demonstrative and can not be used in the real life.
If you have any comments or suggestion (or you want partecipate in the project) leave a comment.
June 17th, 2009
These pages are a stub of Minimalistic Explorer’s official site. The aim of this site is provides information/tutorials and news about this project.
Minimalistic explorer is a file management application that start with the philosophy of minimalistic user interface but without give up features.
In my work of software engineer I need to handle text/hex files, grep these, interact with the command line, monitor log files and other common task (for me). The primary aim of Minimalistic Explorer 1.0 is to coverage all this task.